Karauli District is a district of Rajasthan state in western India. The town of Karauli is the district headquarters. Karauli District comes under Bharatpur Divisional Commissionerate. Karauli is famous for popular red-stone.
- Kaila Devi Temple is a Hindu temple situated 23 km from Karauli and 37 km from Gangapur. It is located on the banks of the Kalisil river, a tributary of the Banas River in the hills of Trikut, 2 km to the north-west of Kaila village. The temple is dedicated to the tutelary deity, goddess Kaila Devi, of the erstwhile princely Jadaun Rajput rulers of the Karauli state. It is a marble structure with a large courtyard of a checkered floor. In one place are a number of red flags planted by devotees.
- Madan Mohan Temple is a form of the Hindu god Krishna. Krishna is celebrated as Madan Mohan, who mesmerises everyone. His consort, Radha is glorified as Madan Mohan’s Mohini, the mesmeriser of the mesmeriser for spiritual aspirants. Radha is known as the mediator without whom access to Krishna is not possible.
- Mehandipur Balaji Temple is a mandir in the Indian state of Rajasthan dedicated to the Hindu God Hanuman. The name Balaji is applied to Sri Hanuman in several parts of India because the childhood (Bala in Hindi or Sanskrit) form of the Lord is especially celebrated there. It is important to note that the temple is not dedicated to Balaji another name for Krishna. Unlike similar religious sites it is located in a town rather than the countryside. Its reputation for ritualistic healing and exorcism of evil spirits attracts many pilgrims from Rajasthan and elsewhere.
- Shri Mahavir Ji Temple is in Hindaun City. Earlier known as Chandanpur, this small village became famous as a Jain religious site after an ancient idol of Mahaveer was excavated from its soil several hundred years ago. It was then renamed as Shri Mahaveer Ji This idol was excavated over 200 years ago from the same spot, after which the temple was constructed. Thousands of worshipers flock from across India to catch a glimpse of this statue.
- Nakkash Ki Devi – Gomti Dham Temple is in Hindaun City. It is a Hindu Devi Temple of Durga Mata and Gomti Dham is a Temple and Vatika(ashram) of Gomti Dass Ji Maharaj.
- Mandrayal, 40 km from the district headquarters is Mndrayl Durg. The year 1327 was dominated by Arjun Dev about the ruler of Karauli. The Trinity Baradari temple, located in the middle of the court, and is worth a visit Bala Durg. Rhugat in Chambal River flows nearby waterfall.
The forest covers an area of 172,459 hectares in 2010–11, which is about 30% of total geographical area of the district’s 504,301 hectares. As per the records of 2011–12. total 895.2 mm rainfall was recorded against 565 mm average rainfall.
How to reach Karauli
Karauli Location- Karauli city is located in the Karauli district in the east of Rajasthan state in western India. Karauli is situated at 169 Kilometres from Gwalior, 114 kilometres west from Agra and 158 kilometres from the city of Jaipur. It has an average elevation of 275 metres (902 ft).