Baraadsar Tal Trek
The Baraadsar Lake Trek is one of the very few explored treks in The Himalayas. It is located between the Rupin and Supin valley on the northeastern part of Uttarakhand close from the Himachal border, heading east and then south.
The trek starts out from the Rupin valley through various villages, forest and finally over the ridge separating Rupin and Supin valleys with excellent panoramic views. You will see some of the most beautiful campsites during the trek.
Baraadsar Lake Trek lies amidst high ridges at an altitude of 4,300 meters and is worshiped by the people. It is one of the virgin treks not known by many.
This trek come under Govind Wildlife Sanctuary National Park in Uttarkashi district Uttarakhand. No doubt, the Himalayas have enchanting beauty, bracing climate and desirable soothing green meadow.
Baraadsar is a High Altitude Lake at a height of 4,300 m.
It is one of the virgin treks not known by many but the local people of the area believe that this lake is sacred and possess some supernatural power of fulfilling wishes.
It is between two beguiling valleys of Rupin and Supin which are close to the border of Himachal Pradesh.
Baraadsar has very beautiful campsites; the trail is thrilling through dense forest, meadows with enchanted beauty and some steep ridges but the panorama views from the top cannot be described in words.
Trek to this sacred lake is a difficults one but as the beliefs of people wishes are fulfilled here so it’s worth going there.
The sights are spectacular, high ridges surround this lake and are in lower middle part.
The trail is exhilarating and it takes you through alluring meadows and high ridges this trek is not at all for beginners because it varies from moderate to difficult.
The access is through the alluring valleys and further you have to cross a ridge that separates Rupin and Supin and then the area becomes barren with boulders all around.
The views from summit are enthralling, you get panoramic views from there of snow covered peaks and they capture all the attention of visitors.
Why to choose Baraadsar Lake Trek?
Before heading towards the itinerary, it is really essential to perceive the reason behind choosing Baraadsar lake trek.
See firstly, the trekking distance is a total of by taxi 454 Km and on foot 59 km which is to be covered into 8 days. . Dehradun to via Mussoorie to Khanyasni camp, Vijay top, Dhaldhar , Devbasa , Baraadsar lake , fhitari , jakhol, Sankri
- Baraadsar lake trek is a low altitude mountain trek Altitudes is 4300 Meters.
- The Starting trail is easy to moderate as compare to other treks this is Moderate trek. So this trek is best for family and beginners, school tour.
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature?
- You got to see so many heavenly bodies at one place like the panoramic view of the Himalayan ranges, you can see pine forests, different variety of flora and fauna surpassing through bona fide Garhwali culture.
- I think Do spare time in Interaction with our local’s team, and you will get to know about some of the ancient tales of Indian mythology and our local cultures, this is good ideas for trekkers.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry proper photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- The backpack should not exceed 12 kg only
Key Points of Baraadsar lake trek
- Base camp:– Khanyasni camp
- Summer Temperature:- Day 5°C to 12°C) Night 2° C to 5° C
- Baraadsar lake trek Altitude:– 4300 Meters
- Best Time:– May, June, Sep, Oct, Nov
- Trek Level:– Moderate
- Trek distance:– On foot 59 Km – By taxi 454 km
Visa in not needed for Indian citizens. Everyone else need a visa.
|Country name||India (Bharat)|